Have foot fungus? Fungal infections are very common. Studies show that foot infections like toenail fungus and athlete's foot do spread from person to person. Dr. Raymond DiPretoro Jr. and Dr. Aahba M. Suchak of Advanced Foot and Ankle Center in Newark and Wilmington, DE, offer treatments for fungal infections. Here's how to keep your foot fungus from spreading to your partner.
1. See a podiatrist for treatment. If you think you may have foot fungus, book an appointment with your Newark and Wilmington podiatrist right away. A podiatrist can figure out if you have foot fungus. The doctor will be able to tell looking at the skin on your feet. The doctor may scrape off a skin sample to test for fungus. Your podiatrist may suggest using an antifungal ointment, powder, lotion, or spray.
2. Cover up your fungal infection. If you live with your partner, do this every day. Fungal infections can be spread from person to person by touching. Keep the fungal infection covered until it has been treated. Don't cover the area too tightly. It's important to keep the area dry and cool as you treat the foot fungus.
3. Practice good hygiene. By practicing good hygiene, you may be able to keep your foot fungus from spreading to your partner. Wash and dry your feet regularly. Make sure that you wash your hands any time that you may have touched your own fungal infection. Keeping your feet dry and clean is a simple way to prevent foot fungus from spreading to your partner.
4. Avoid walking barefoot. Wearing shoes is a simple way to prevent foot fungus from spreading to your partner. If you have foot fungus, then walking around without shoes will increase the chance that you will spread it to your partner. Make sure your partner protects their feet at home.
5. Don't share your personal items. Don't share any personal care items such as shoes, towels, clothing, socks, nail clippers, nail files, antiperspirant, or razors with your partner. A fungal infection of the foot can be spread by indirect contact with an infected individual's personal care items.
Say hello to healthy and happy feet! Don't wait another minute- call Advanced Foot and Ankle Center at (302) 355-0056 right now to schedule an appointment in Newark or Wilmington, DE. Get your life back on track by receiving the best foot fungus treatment available. We will help you achieve real relief with little expense or trouble.